These are really simple biscuits that are perfect for elevenses, for play dates or for lunchboxes. In our house, they are a healthy substitute for a digestive biscuit. They also happen to be vegan (as long as you use non dairy milk) and gluten free.
Health wise they are a winner. 100g oats, 100g seeds, 100ml milk and 100g sultanas. Nothing else.
100g oats (Use gluten free oats if you want gluten free cookies)
25g each of sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds and linseeds (you can substitute one kind of seed for another but the total should come to 100g)
100ml mik (I used coconut milk)
Optional: dark chocolate to top or you could add dessicated coconut to the cookie mixture.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius (fan oven)
- Combine the seeds and the milk and set these aside for a few minutes
- To a food processor add the oats, sultanas and milk/seed mix
- Blitz until it all comes together into a ball (it will still be quite sticky)
- Roll the mixture out between two layers of cling film and cut out cookies, this recipe makes 14 cookies approximately the size of a small digestive.
- Place on some baking parchment and bake for 12 to 14 minutes at 180 degrees celcius (fan oven).
- These biscuits are perfect on their own but you could drizzle some dark chocolate on top for an extra treat.