Yes, another porridge recipe but it’s great to start the day with something healthy. Butternut squash is the perfect veg to add to porridge as it’s sweet, it blends really well and it has such a gorgeous colour. This batch feeds 3 people.
- 100g raw butternut squash
- 125g oats
- 1 cup milk (almond, coconut, oat, dairy)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup/honey.
- Porridge toppings.
- Cook butternut squash (steam cubes for 10 mins)
- Add cooked squash to one cup of milk and blend.
- Add squash/milk mix to the oats in a saucepan along with one cup of water (you could use milk either).
- Add the maple syrup.
- Cook oats for 5 to 8 minutes until cooked.
- Serve with sliced fruit, seeds, figs or whatever takes your fancy.